Many sellers are deciding to put their homes on the market at an unusual time, at the start of school. Why is this happening? The seller’s market is dictating it as many sellers want to get top dollar for their homes. This can cause a bit of stress however so it is important to prepare your home and your family.
School is Starting and the Real Estate Market is Busier...
Maybe one of the busiest moments for a family is when your kids get back to school. It's time to get back to bedtimes, packing lunches and homework. There’s clothing and school supply shopping too. It seems like there is more to do than the time in the day. Now you are thinking about selling your home. So how do you do that too? The easiest way is to get the entire family involved and willing to help. Often this approach makes it easier and will allow you to get the most money for your home.
Here are some tips to make it easy and possible despite being busy on the school season.
1. Delegate tasks. Assigning chores to your kids so they can have a proper delegation of something can be of help. Let them unload the dishwasher, make beds after they wake up and clean their toys or materials after playing or studying.
2. Little things can mean a lot. Your kids can help clean up after themselves so there is less to do. Not wearing shoes inside can also help to avoid dirt thus decreasing the hours to be spent in cleaning. Let them have the initiative to keep their things in order after doing their homework, projects and other activities. This will lessen the clutter and will keep your house free from litter.
3. Make the bed each day. Make the bed first thing in the morning! Let them see how great their room will look when a bed is well-maintained and in order.
4. Select which items are to be de-cluttered. For sure, there are things that have sentimental values for you, but you have to discuss to your family which things are needed to let go and which you can keep. This will help you make it so much easier. For instance, let your kids organize their closet.
5. Have an open communication with your agent. As always, having an open communication with your agent will be advantageous. Letting him know things such as bedtimes for kids can help you both determine the best time for showing schedule.
No matter what the season is, when you’re preparing your home for sale, you don’t need to do it alone. Selling a home is done the best with a team, your agent, and your family. Best of luck in selling your home and also the start of school.
All listings featuring the BMLS logo are provided by Beaches MLS Inc. Copyright 2017 Beaches MLS. This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed.
© 2017 Beaches Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on June 24th, 2017 at 2:51am EDT.