How long will a short sale take on my Palm Beach County or Martin County home?
What can I expect when I do a short sale?
If only we could know for sure however our experience with short sales allows us to have a good guess. Are you wondering what determines how long a short sale will take on my Palm Beach County or Martin County home? We have standards of what to expect with different lenders however we have to be flexible when buying or selling a short sale.
Figuring out what to expect largely depends on the answers to the questions below.
- Who is your lender? Each lender has different expectations. Is it being serviced? Is Fannie Mae involved?
- Does your loan have PMI? PMI can add at least a month to the process.
- Does the seller have the necessary information that the bank will need?
- Who is negotiating the short sale? This one is critical. You need a short sale agent that has a proven system and a proven track record. Are documents provided timely when the bank needs updated information?
- Are you current or delinquent with HOA or COA fees? This is the one issue that can cause a fast foreclosure. Be sure to discuss this situation with your short sale team.
The Treu Group is here to meet to discuss your personal situation on your Palm Beach County and Martin County home. Call us today.
All listings featuring the BMLS logo are provided by Beaches MLS Inc. Copyright 2017 Beaches MLS. This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed.
© 2017 Beaches Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on September 22nd, 2017 at 8:07pm EDT.