Home Buying Process
Buying a home may seem like an overwhelming process. It is one of the top stresses in life for many buyers. It doesn't have to be if you have a proven process and the right real estate agent by your side. Treu Group Real Estate has many years of experience so we can assist you with buying your first home, your next home or your dream home.
So where do you start to make this process easy?
Here are a few tips that will be helpful.
1. It all starts with assembling your team. Hiring the right real estate agent and lender is critical. When you are buying, the seller pays for you to have representation. You can have the best by your side. A buyer's agent is important and yet many buyers don't realize they don't actually have a buyer's agent. Many companies and agents only offer transaction representation. Why wouldn't a buyer want a buyer's agent? I think most would and think they have one. If you haven't had a conversation with an agent about being a buyer's agent, you likely have a transaction relationship.
Are you thinking of going to the local bank? We would suggest that you speak with a mortgage specialist. We have a lender that you can trust. The right lender will have access to a variety of loan options, will do a complete review so you know what you need to do to obtain financing. You will need to have your pre-approval in hand. A pre-qualification is not enough in today's real estate market. Also having a lender that is respected and known to close loans and close on time is important. Many times in multiple offers, our lender calls the listing agent to validate the quality of the pre-approval. This extra step has allowed many buyers to obtain their dream home even when up against cash buyers.
2. Sitting down with your buyer's agent is the next step. A buyer's consultation is your time to express what you want and why. A talented buyer's agent will be able to help you express your needs and help give you guidance. Your agent will also walk you through the home buying process.
3. After you have done 1 and 2, it's time to go see homes. What you don't like is as important as what you like. Be honest with your agent. The focus will be on your must have items. Remember that if you get 80% of your list, then you are on target. Look at what you can't change, location and floor plan need to work. If you don't like the flooring, that can be changed.
4. When you have found the home, it's time to make an offer. Look at what has sold in the area and also your agent will call to see what information we can learn.
5. Your offer is accepted, now what? You will receive key critical dates for you to complete. It is important to make sure we hit deadlines. They are not suggestions, they are deadlines. You will have a dedicated person to help you with the steps.
Are you ready to buy a home? Call us to schedule a time to meet. We look forward to working with you to find your new home.
All listings featuring the BMLS logo are provided by Beaches MLS Inc. Copyright 2017 Beaches MLS. This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed.
© 2017 Beaches Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on June 24th, 2017 at 2:51am EDT.